On August 27, 2018 - exactly 16 months ago - I started a daily writing habit. This last year has been the first full calendar year of writing everyday. I explored a number of topics this year, from the role software in society to how decentralization happens in marketplaces. Most of these topics were driven by the desire to clarify my thoughts (and learn more) about a certain topic.
A few of favorite posts from this year (judged by how many times I’ve referred back to them):
- Software and Plastic
- An Incomplete Professional Network
- What’s Happening in India
- Deep Work and Connected Work
- The Calendar as a Network and Platform
- Media and Multidisciplinarity
- Systems of Impact (this was one of many posts that explored systems thinking applied to leadership).
- Marketplaces, Decentralization, and Losing Trust
- Question Quality
- We Are All Going to Die
- Notes on ‘What You Do is Who You Are’: Louverture, Bushido, Shaka Senghor,Genghis Khan
- Forces at Play and Base Rates
This habit has become a central part of my daily system, and I’m looking forward to learning more through writing in the years to come.